To my friends: I want to apologise for those times when I said I would pray for you and I didn’t. The times that you asked to have coffee, and I was too ‘busy’. The moments that I could’ve asked you how you were doing; but I didn’t because I was afraid of your answer. When I wasn’t the friend that you needed me to be.
To my family: I’m sorry for the times I yelled back at you in anger, when you were doing the best you could. For the moments when I didn’t give you a chance to explain, when I brushed off your expressions of love for me. I’m sorry for not taking the time to try to answer your questions about this God that I know.
To my acquaintances and the people I pass on the street: I’m sorry for turning away, for rushing past and trying not to see your brokenness. I’m sorry for the stares, and the judgements I formed, even though we’ve never met.
I’m sorry for the times when I’ve said, verbally or not; ‘I’m Christian’ but I haven’t acted that way. I’m sorry for not loving, forgiving, and serving you the way that He does me.
I’m just like you, a sinner, with struggles and faults, I’m sorry for ever holding myself above.
His grace and mercy are the only reasons I’m still here, asking for your forgiveness, saying that I’m a sinner and I’m starting fresh, trying each day, not to say that ‘I’m Christian’, but to love, serve and forgive like Christ has done to me.❞
Do you ever just meet one person
and at first it is awkward
then you start talking
and its like
“holy crap where have you been all my life”
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.❞
joseph vincent totally yolo-ed his performance and it went crazy
gotta find him gotta find him
sitting here at goodphil wondering why there are no cute filipinos in utpa then i find them all there bc theyre everywhere else but utpa (OHWHELL)